Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh the life of a parent

Well we are working/were working on trying to potty train Shawn and lets just say he has decided he isn't ready yet. He has all the signs of being ready to potty train and even tried to go on the potty once but has decided that wasn't cool even though he got a sucker for trying. We were outside watering the flowers when I sprayed next to his feet to get his attention, he hates getting sprayed with water so it works really well to spray next to him to get his attention, and told him he needs to go pee on the toilet. Next thing I know he is headed into the house, I thought it was him throwing a fit. Well a few minutes later I go in to check on him and find him in the bathroom. He had tried making it to the toilet to go pee but didn't quite make it. He had peed all over his seat, the stool, and my rug. BUT the point was he tried to make it to the bathroom in time to go pee. Well a couple hours later i stick him on the toilet to pee and he actually peed. After that he decided it wasn't very cool and fussed every time he was stuck on the potty and by the end of the night he was screaming like he was being severely punished. He also had 3 accidents, luckily on my wood floor, that I had to clean up. Today I am taking a break and giving him a break from potty training. I just can't handle the screaming he was doing at the end and I don't want him to take peeing on the toilet as a punishment or something.

William is doing great! He is a happy boy for most of the day. The times he isn't happy is either when he has gas or he is on tummy time. This boy still hasn't rolled over yet. Though he can basically sit up on his own he refuses to roll over. Not from tummy to back, not from back to tummy. He will just scream into the blanket until Shawn rolls him over or mom picks him up. He loves to talk and is starting to giggle. Though what makes him giggle changes from hour to hour. He is doing much better with entertaining himself for a bit so I can actually get somethings done around the house. He is a really cute boy and if you want one of his really big grins just change his bum.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the potty training. That's one thing I'm not looking forward to. I'm sure we have a while though before he'll be ready. ;) I hope he can have fun with it and be proud of going potty rather than being upset. Have you tried letting him stand up to pee? Also, put cheerios in the toilet that he can aim at. Those are some things my mom did for her boys to make it fun for them, and it worked really well. I hope it all works out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete